What lovely and powerful encouragement.
Tuesdays with Edwards!
Two hundred seventy four years ago this month, Jonathan Edwards preached a sermon on the wise men following the star to find Jesus in Bethlehem focusing on Matthew 2:10. If you missed it, the first part of this sermon is posted here.
In the second section of this sermon, Edwards asserts that the main point or doctrine that Matthew 2:10 teaches is that “when those that have been earnestly seeking Christ come to find him, [they] have reason to rejoice with exceeding great joy.” He unpacks this by giving five reasons why this is so:
- That Christ is the most “excellent and lovely” person that there is.
- That when you find Him, you find Him ready and willing to receive you.
- That His deliverance is total and complete.
- That His grace is unassailable, so His deliverance is assured.
- That His grace never stops giving and supplying…
View original post 1,637 more words