I know I must pay attention to this! Thank You Father.
Taken from, True and False Shepherds
Written by Thomas Scott
Adapted from The Protestant Pulpit
Hosted by, Timothy Williams
Edited for thought and sense.
…to exercise their function.
- They believe in him for their own salvation, and
- receive from him those peculiar dispositions and endowments, which fit them for their work. and
- aim to glorify him and to do good to souls;
- preferring this service to more creditable and lucrative employments,
- and prepared to suffer hardship of every kind in performing it.
Thus they ” enter by the Door into the sheepfold”.
But all, who intrude into the pastoral office without these views, dispositions, and purposes…
…which are so many credentials from Christ, to show that he has sent the man who possesses them;
- ”climb up by some other way;”
- perverting human appointments, though good in themselves, and
- even divine institutions, in
View original post 523 more words